Top-Rated Nephrologist in Hyderabad for Kidney Biopsy
For all Kidney Patients, Dr.B.Vijay Kiran is a new ray of hope. Many patients with several nephrological disorders are getting effective Kidney treatment in Telangana By Top-Rated Nephrologist in Hyderabad. If you wish to consult with the best nephrologist in Hyderabad for Renal Biopsy , Call Today DR.B.VIJAY KIRAN
Best Kidney Doctor in Hyderabad for Biopsy
As kidneys are among the most important organs in the body, any malfunction in them results in severe problems. Kidneys are responsible for filtering out the waste material and excess fluid from the blood stream. In case the kidneys are not able to filter the blood stream, it results in adverse disorders and if left untreated, it can result in kidney failure. To check for kidney disease, it requires renal biopsy which should always be performed by the best and Top-Rated Nephrologist in Hyderabad for kidney biopsy.
What is Renal Biopsy?
Renal is another term for kidney. Hence, renal biopsy refers to kidney biopsy which is a procedure that extracts a sample of kidney tissue for detailed analysis in a laboratory.
Renal biopsy is important to identify the type of kidney disease a patient is suffering from, its severity and this helps to determine the best treatment for the particular kidney disease.
A renal biopsy is also useful for analyzing the effectiveness of the treatment being administered for kidney disease and to check for any indications of complications after a kidney transplant is performed.
How is Renal Biopsy performed?
There are two common ways to perform Renal Biopsy:
Percutaneous Biopsy / Renal Needle Biopsy
This is the most popular form of renal biopsy. In this, a thin biopsy needle is inserted through the skin on the side of the abdomen till it reaches the kidney underneath. The needle is then used to remove a small portion of the kidney tissue. The best Nephrologist in Hyderabad for renal biopsy use a CT Scan or Ultrasound technique to guide the needle to the targeted area of the kidney.
Open Biopsy / Surgical Biopsy
This uses to be the former conventional form of renal biopsy. It requires the doctor to make an incision in the skin nearest to the kidney. The incision allows the doctor to access and examine the kidney and determine the area from where a sufficient sample can be extracted using a scalpel.
What is the Purpose of Renal Biopsy?
Renal biopsy is most useful to determine the cause which is obstructing or preventing the kidneys from functioning normally.
Normally, the pair of kidneys, located in the lower back to each sides of the spine is responsible for:
- Removing liquid waste (urea) from the blood stream by converting it into urine
- Maintaining balance between the essential chemicals in the blood stream, such as sodium and potassium
- Supplying erythropoietin hormone that helps in normal production of red blood cells
- Regulating production of renin hormone to control blood pressure
- Helping to activate calcitriol hormone that controls absorption of calcium and maintains its levels in the blood stream
If urine and blood tests show that the kidney are not working properly, then it is highly advised to get renal biopsy from a top-rated kidney doctor in Hyderabad.
In addition, you may also be referred to a highly-rated kidney specialist Hyderabad to undergo a renal biopsy in order to:
- Find the cause for abnormally high levels of waste products in blood stream
- Check whether a kidney tumor is benign or malignant
- See how well a transplanted kidney is functioning
- Determine the exact cause of urine in the blood (hematuria)
- Investigate the cause of a high level of protein in the urine (proteinuria)
- Check the severity of advancing kidney failure and determine the level of functioning remaining
- See which treatment plan for diseased kidney will be most effective
What is Recovery life after Renal Biopsy?
After undergoing a renal biopsy from a highly-rated Nephrologist in Hyderabad sufficient time will be needed to recover and you will be under observation to ensure that there are no chances of complications from the simple minimally invasive surgical procedure.
The best Nephrologist in Hyderabad for renal biopsy will determine the exact time an individual patient required for recovery and discharge from the hospital. The patient’s overall physical health and reaction to the procedure is used to determine the length of hospital stay during the recovery period from renal biopsy.
Are there any Risks from Renal Biopsy?
Renal biopsy is very important to know certain essential factors and gain information that helps the top-rated kidney doctor in Hyderabad to diagnose any abnormalities of the kidney as well as to decide the best avenue of treatment for the detected kidney disorders.
However, there are several rare risks that may arise after a renal biopsy, such as:
- Having blood clots or bright red blood in the urine after 24 hours from renal biopsy
- Inability to urinate normally
- Experiencing fever with chills
- Feeling increasing pain at the site of biopsy
- Seeing swelling, redness, bleeding or other fluid discharge from the biopsy site
- Feeling weak or faint constantly
All these risks and complications can be significantly avoided if you choose Dr. B. Vijay Kiran, the best renal biopsy specialist Nephrologist in Hyderabad.
Book Appointment Now With Top-Rated Nephrologist in Hyderabad
Are you still searching for all these, you have reached the best place. Just contact the Hyderabad best Kidney specialist Dr.B.Vijay Kiran, Assistant Professor at NIMS, Hyderabad. Call or WhatsApp +91 9247701326 to book appointment now.