Are you a patient with Acute Kidney Failure? No need to worry now! Top Nephrologist in Hyderabad, Dr.B.Vijay Kiran and many more are available to ensure the health of kidneys and keep your renal functions working properly. As the Indian medical infrastructure keeps on improving remarkably each year, there is no lack of experienced medical professionals in the country. Tens of thousands of patients from abroad visit India every year to get the best and most affordable world-class treatments.
Hyderabad, the jewel in the heart of India has become one of the most popular destinations for patients to get safe and successful treatments related to kidney problems.
Kidney Failure – Definition and Facts
Kidneys are counted among the most important organs in the body. They are located in a pair in the lower back on each side of the spine. Kidneys have a multipurpose role and are mainly responsible for filtering out the waste products from our blood.
Kidneys are also essential to control the blood pressure, maintain electrolyte balance and ensure optimal red blood cell production as well.
Kidney problems arise when the waste products and fluids get collected and the kidneys are unable to filter these out through the urinary tract.
Although many times, kidney problems may not show any symptoms, there are several signs that indicate to development of kidney failure in other cases. Some of the most common symptoms of kidney failure include:
- Shortness of breath
- Overall swelling (edema)
- Constant weakness from anemia
- Loss of appetite
- Congestive heart failure
- Arrhythmic heartbeat
- Rise in urea levels in blood
Acute kidney failure is characterized by swift loss of kidney functions due to various conditions. In simple words, when the kidneys are directly affected or injured, it is known as acute kidney failure. Dr.B.Vijay Kiran, the top kidney doctor in Hyderabad has described here the causes of Acute kidney failure are:
- Sepsis – It causes the body’s immune system to get weakened and makes it more vulnerable to infection. This results in causing swelling in the kidney and stops their functioning. It mostly happens due to Urinary Tract Infections (UTI).
- Medications – Certain medications, such as Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs), antibiotics, lithium-based medicines, and iodine-based medications are known to affect kidney functions adversely.
- Rhabdomyolysis – In this disorder, the body suffers from the considerable breakdown of muscles and the damaged muscle fibers clot in the kidney, affecting its ability to filter significantly. Trauma, such as crash injuries and burns may also cause massive muscle damage. Even certain medications that are used to treat high cholesterol are responsible for causing this condition.
- Multiple myeloma – The glomeruli are the filtering systems of the kidneys and diseases that affect the glomerules that cause inflammation results in acute kidney failure. These may include Wegener’s granulomatosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and Goodpasture syndrome.
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome – This disorder causes abnormal destruction of red blood cells in the body. It is most often seen affecting children after infection but may also be caused due to pregnancy and medications among other reasons.
- Kidney stones – Normally, kidney stones affect a single kidney and may not result in acute kidney failure but if the patient is surviving on only one kidney than the kidney stone may result in acute kidney failure.
- Tumors – Tumors in the stomach or abdomen which obstruct the ureters that pass the urine out of the kidney into the urinary tract often result in acute kidney failure.
- Prostate cancer – Prostate cancer may block the urethra and prevent the bladder from emptying. This puts undue pressure on the kidney and results in acute kidney failure.
- Bladder / Ureter obstruction – When the urethra or bladder get obstructed these cause back pressure as the urine production continues. However, due to the obstruction, the urine eventually backs up and re-enters the kidney. When there is excessive obstruction, the collected urine in the kidney causes it to shut down completely and results in acute kidney failure.
Best Nephrologist in Hyderabad for Renal Failure Treatment
There are several top nephrologists in Hyderabad who are renowned worldwide. The top among these is Dr. B. Vijay Kiran, who is considered to be the best kidney doctor in Hyderabad. Dr. Vijay Kiran is renowned for providing excellent, safe and highly affordable renal or kidney failure treatments in Hyderabad
To Book appointment, Patients call at +91 924 770 1326 or click here